Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 2015-0895   
Type: Policy Status: Non-Calendar
File created: 6/10/2015 In control: Board of Directors - Regular Board Meeting
On agenda: 7/23/2015 Final action: 7/16/2015
Title: EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE FORWARDED WITHOUT RECOMMENDATION receiving and filing the Federal Fiscal Year 2016 through 2018 (FFY 2016 - 2018) 18% Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) overall goal and goal methodology report.
Sponsors: Executive Management Committee
Indexes: Adjustment factors, Disadvantaged business enterprises, Disparity Study, Federal Transit Administration, Metro Equity Platform, Metro Purple Line, Metro Rail D Line, Minorities, Policy, Program, Public participation, Race, Race and ethnicity, State departments of transportation, The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, United States Department Of Transportation, Weight, Westside Subway Extension/Purple Line Extension Phase 1, Westside Subway Extension/Purple Line Extension Phase 2
Attachments: 1. Attachment A - Overall Disadvantaged Business Goal Report FFY 2016 – 2018
Meeting_Body
REVISED
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
JULY 16, 2015

Subject/Action
SUBJECT: FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE OVERALL GOAL
ACTION: RECEIVE AND FILE

Heading
RECOMMENDATION

Title
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE FORWARDED WITHOUT RECOMMENDATION receiving and filing the Federal Fiscal Year 2016 through 2018 (FFY 2016 - 2018) 18% Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) overall goal and goal methodology report.
Issue
ISSUE
The United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program regulations, 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 26.21, require Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grantees, who can reasonably anticipate awarding $250,000 or more in prime contracts, to submit an overall goal to FTA for the participation of DBE firms every three years. The regulations applied to FTA grantees are also applied to grantees of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
Discussion
DISCUSSION
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (Metro) proposed DBE overall goal for FFY 2016 - 2018 is 18%, a 9% decrease from the current goal. The current FFY 2013 - 2015 three-year overall goal is 27%. The decrease to the FFY 2016 - 2018 overall goal is a function of fewer contract dollars being awarded during the goal period. Only one megaproject, the Westside Purple Line Extension - Section 2, will be awarded during the goal period. In the current goal period three megaprojects were awarded: Crenshaw LAX, Regional Connector, and Westside Purple Line Extension - Section 1.
This difference in the awards is equivalent to $3.5 billion. In addition to substantially fewer dollars, the anticipated projects for FFY 2016 - 2018 represent 10 fewer industry categories than anticipated in the FFY 2013 - 2015 goal period. This further reduces the availability of firms to perform Metro's anticipated proje...

Click here for full text